DEVELOPERWEEK 2020 HACKATHON OVERALL WINNER
• 1st Place Prize: - (2) Amazon Echos (Up to 5) - DevNetwork Premium All-Access Passes to all 2020-2021 virtual conferences - Announcement in our email to 60,000 subscribers listing your team and project.
DEVELOPERWEEEK SPONSOR HACKATHON CHALLENGES & PRIZES
What would you build if you could recognize people by the way they type?
1st Place: $2000 + 6 months TypingDNA Pro License (worth $500)
2nd Place: $1000 + 6 months TypingDNA Pro License (worth $500)
Questions - Contact: Developers@typingdna.com
Show us what you’d build given that you CAN recognize people based on their typing.
Did you know that your typing is unique?
At TypingDNA, we’ve developed technology that is able to authenticate people based on how they type on their keyboards — both on mobile devices and desktop computers. Check out our website demo to see it in action! https://www.typingdna.com/#demo
We encourage you to be brave and think out-of-the-box. With no barriers to creativity, your project could even showcase how aliens use TypingDNA authentication to make sure that the alien they are messaging is who they claim to be.
What to build: You are free to build anything (it must be functional, like a website or an app), as long as your project includes TypingDNA API calls.
Innovation: How creative or innovative is the idea behind the project? Is the outlined solution crafted in a compelling and unique method?
UX: Is the overall user experience intuitive? Does it flow smoothly or is it cumbersome and challenging to use?
Impact: To what extent does the proposed solution solve a real-world problem? Is the project addressing an issue that impacts people’s lives?
Technical Implementation: How technically complex is your project? How well was the idea executed and what is the degree of difficulty?
FIND VULNERABILITIES IN YOUR HACKATHON PROJECT
• $100 Amazon Gift Card per team to 1st 10 teams that complete the challenge.
Questions - Contact: email@example.com
First 10 teams to instrument their Java or .NET Core apps using Contrast Community Edition and finding vulnerabilities using this tool.
Challenge – Use Contrast Community Edition with your Java or .NET Core hackathon project to find vulnerabilities in your code.
Contrast Security -Resources/Getting Started: https://www.contrastsecurity.com/community-edition/developer-resources
Register for your FREE Contrast Community Edition account (https://www.contrastsecurity.com/contrast-community-edition?utm_campaign=EVV-DevWkSF-N-Q1FY21&utm_source=developerweekSF&utm_medium=event&utm_term=devwksf&utm_content=)
HOW CAN THE WORLD BE IMPROVED IF PAPERWORK BUREAUCRACY WERE ELIMINATED?
• 1st Place - $2000 cash + 500 signature API requests ($750 value) + 5000 PDF Generation / Filling requests ($500 value)
• 2nd Place - $1000 cash + 250 signature API requests ($375 value) + 2500 PDF Generation / Filling requests ($250 value)
Questions - Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Signup for an account: www.useanvil.com/pdf-filling-api
Read our docs: www.useanvil.com/docs
*API requests made with a developer key are always free
In a remote first world, paperwork can be particularly cumbersome.
- What paperwork process could really benefit from automation?
- How could access to goods and services be improved if you no longer needed to complete physical forms?
- How would you use the Anvil PDF API to streamline that process?
- Creativity in using the Anvil PDF API
- Must use at least one of the API endpoints, PDF Filling, PDF Generation, Etch PDF e-sign. Added consideration if more than one endpoint is used.
- Potential impact of the project measured by social good, lives affected, communities served, dollars saved, increased access etc.