Join the world's largest virtual hackathon, co-located with DeveloperWeek 2021!Join the largest challenge-driven virtual hackathon, co-located with DeveloperWeek 2021!
DEVELOPERWEEK 2021 HACKATHON
Join the largest challenge-driven virtual hackathon, co-located with DeveloperWeek 2021! Our hackathons regularly attract over 600+ participants, and we are inviting the international developer community to converge online this year for the DeveloperWeek 2021 Hackathon!
February 8 - 19, 2021
1. Register via Eventbrite.
2. Create a DevPost account and click Register on the DevPost DeveloperWeek 2021 Hackathon page.
3. DeveloperWeek 2021 Hackathon Kicks off February 8, 2021!
Check out the full DeveloperWeek 2021 Hackathon schedule!
4. Review Hackathon Instruction here!
* All Hackathon Attendees must be pre-registered on Eventbrite & DevPost.
$40,250 in prizes
DeveloperWeek 2021 Overall Winner
• 1st Place Prize: - (2) Amazon Echos (Up to 5) - DevNetwork Premium All-Access Passes to all 2020-2021 virtual conferences - Announcement in our email to 60,000 subscribers listing your team and project.
TypingDNA Challenge- What would you build if you could recognize people by the way they type? (2)
• 1st Place: $2000 + 6 months TypingDNA Pro License (worth $500)
• 2nd Place: $1000 + 6 months TypingDNA Pro License (worth $500)
Contrast Security Challenge - Find vulnerabilities in your hackathon project! (10)
• $100 Amazon Gift Card per team to 1st 10 teams that complete the challenge.
Anvil Challenge - How can the world be improved if paperwork bureaucracy were eliminated? (2)
• 1st Place - $2000 cash + 500 signature API requests ($750 value) + 5000 PDF Generation / Filling requests ($500 value)
• 2nd Place - $1000 cash + 250 signature API requests ($375 value) + 2500 PDF Generation / Filling requests ($250 value)
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
Age - 18 years and older.
Citizenship - Participants from any country are allowed to participate.
Location - Virtual
Team Size - Teams can range in size from 1 - 5 people.
Registration - Must register via Eventbrite & Devpost prior to Hackathon.
View the Full Set of Instructions here!
- Registration - Must register via Eventbrite & Devpost prior to Hackathon.
- This is a 100% virtual hackathon. Teams will be formed on Devpost.com - DeveloperWeek 2021 Hackathon. From Devpost participants can message each other to form teams, participate in chat boards, and communicate with sponsors.
- Teams can build apps from scratch (Mobile App / Consumer Web App / Business Web App).
- Teams can solve no challenges (build whatever you want) or can submit to as many challenges as they want.
- There will be 2 rounds of judging. During Round One, judges will review all team projects and fill out a scoring sheet on each to determine the Overall Winner. Round Two is the Sponsor Round. Each sponsor will judge the teams working on their Challenge and determine a winner. The sponsors will choose their own prizes and choose their own prize winners.
- Round one judging will be based on 1) How much progress you make 2) Concept – does it solve a real problem? and 3) Feasibility – could this become a startup or company.
Chief Technologist @ Devada
VP of Product Marketing @ SmartBear
Chief Technology Officer @ Digital Ocean
CTO - Worldwide Field Operations @ CloudBees
CTO @ Cloudinary Ltd.
Co-founder & CEO @ DeepSource
Developer Advocate @ Checkmarx
CEO @ CloudPlex.io
Evangelist @ Parasoft
VP of Strategic Initiatives @ Parasoft
Chief Evangelist @ Moogsoft
Director of Evangelism @ Galvanize
Chief Open Source Officer @ Codefresh
Co-founder @ Patch
How much progress did you make?
Does it solve a real problem?
Could this become a startup or company?